- Any given program, when running, is obsolete.
- If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.
- If a program is useless, it will have to be documented.
- Any given program will expand to fill all available memory.
- The value of a program is proportional to the weight of its output.
- Program complexity grows until it exceeds the capability of the programmer who must maintain it.
- Make it possible for programmers to write programs in English, and you will find that programmers cannot write in English.
Manager to programmer: “You start coding. I’ll go find out what the customers want.”